Rachel is learning like crazy these days!! We've noticed now, that she is understanding lots of words we say. She knows the word dance and will bounce up and down. She knows the word George (her monkey) and will go and get him. She knows the words shake, kiss, love, bye, night-night, and of course no. These last couple of weeks have been a lot of fun watching her learn knew things. It's hard to comprehend that Friday she'll be 11 months old. Where has the year gone?
Besides words, Rachel is entering a new phase in eating. She's starting to eat some table foods. She's had bananas, carrots, and pancakes (no syrup :) She really likes the bananas. This is a video of Rachel eating table food carrots for the first time.
Rachel is walking more and more every day. Her confidence is really growing and she's starting to stand up and take a few steps on her own. Walking is not her main mode of transportation yet, but I can tell she really wants it to be. Wes and I were both climbers when we were little and now that Rachel has learned to climb our stairs I think she will follow in her parents footsteps. Saturday, she climbed up the entire flight of stairs. She doesn't know how to go down the stairs yet and we are always right there when she's climbing.
Rachel's emotions are starting to show more. She starting to be very loving with her toys. She gets excited when she sees people she knows. She loves to laugh and smile. Rachel also can get her feelings hurt when you tell her No, she'll usually throw a little tantrum. Isn't it amazing that I didn't have to teach her how to do that? I thought I would leave you with one last video from Rachel. Kisses!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the videos! We miss seeing Rachel and cannot believe all she is up to these days! We all are looking forward to seeing her in a few weeks!
Rachel is so active and advanced, quite impressed! Love seeing her grow via internet!
I loved all of these new updates with Rachel. She is growing so fast. they do pick up so much at this age. I love the last video of her blowing a kiss!! Too cute!
Post a Comment