Christmas Eve was a whirl wind! I can't believe it's already come and gone! We went to my Mom's house for lunch and a family get together. It was nice to see everyone especially some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins I haven't seen in a while. Jokes and funny stores were on the tip of everyones tongue. I loved it when someone would say, "I have a joke... now let me see if I can remember how it goes." You knew these jokes would be pretty funny.
After lunch, Wes and I dashed back home, and before we knew it, it was time for the Christmas Eve service at church. The service was wonderful, I can't say enough about it. There was singing, scripture readings, and a candle lighting. There was no childcare so Rachel got to sit with us through the service. She was loud at times but she made it through.
When we got home we were beat. We put Rachel to bed right away, she was so tired. Wes and I went down stairs and opened our gifts from each other. He got some work stuff- new tool belt, sunglasses, a new Gerber, etc. and I got a craft table! I've been needing one because the card table that I use, that someone brought home from a dumpster is falling apart. :) SO, I was really excited to see a NEW (still in the box :) craft table. It was kind of special for Wes and I to open our gifts before the hustle and bustle of Christmas Day. I think this might become our new tradition.

Rachel and her cousin Caroline. Isn't it funny how big babies heads are?

Rachel and her great aunt Doris.

About to get into trouble with Grammy's Christmas Tree.
By the way, this tree was decorated by Wes and our two nieces Sophia, 2 years old and Catherine, 3 years old. It was some tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment