Saturday, October 4, 2008

First Boat Ride

We drove up to the lake Saturday to see Nana and Pops. While we were there family friends, Ken and Kay, offered to take us on a boat ride. This was Rachel's first boat trip. They had an infant life jacket for Rachel which was a great comfort. We also headed out around 4:00 so we didn't have to worry about the sun to much. We had a great ride and I think Rachel enjoyed it. I know in time she will be begging us to get out on the water.


Rachel got suited up in her life jacket. She wasn't to sure about this. Like all life jackets it was a little bulky. Rachel had trouble reaching her thumb to her mouth. She tried and tried to suck it but she could get around her life jacket. It was funny and sad to watch. :)

Rachel and I letting our hair blow in the wind. Ahhhh, carefree!


Family photo. Love the tongue Rachel!

Wes, Nana, and Rachel cruising on the lake.

Mr. Ken driving the boat.

Thanks Mr. Ken and Mrs. Kay for Rachel's first boat ride. What an adventure she had.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Rachel is the cutest little girl!! She has the best little personality! and I love the tongue! How fun, her first lake ride. I am sure there will be many more. The weather looked perfect!

The Parsons said...

Suzanne,
As far as her personality....she's just like her daddy! :)

Carron Crew said...

How fun, and go Rachel an offical boater!