Mom has no idea what's in the box
She has plenty of help opening her gifts
Yippee!
Saturday, we celebrated Grammy's birthday. I'll be kind and not tell you how old she is. My sister Jackie and her two kids, Caroline and Ryan where here to help celebrate. We missed having my other sister Carol and her two girls, Catherine and Sophia. We had a big birthday meal (Pepper Steak and mac and cheese...very good but interesting combo). My sisters and I all pitched in to give my mom a great birthday gift. We have started her a new collection of dishes. As I was talking to mom, we realized that her current dishes where given to her by our dad. He bought them in Korea after they had been married for about four years. This year my parents would have been married 49 years so we did the math and her dishes are 45 years old. So... the family decided it was finally time for some new dishes. From the pictures, I'd say she loved them! Happy Birthday Grammy (aka. Mom)!
No comments:
Post a Comment