Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. It has always been a tradition in my family to got downtown and see the fireworks. I love our city's fireworks. We usually get downtown around 6:00 and have a picnic dinner, hang out and wait for the fireworks. This year was Rachel's first time seeing fireworks. We didn't know how she would do with staying up late and all the loud noises. Check out the pictures to see how our night went.


Rachel is ready to head downtown to start the evening.
Right when we get there it starts to rain. We ate our picnic dinner in the car. Why is it that always rains on July 4th?
Trying to keep Rachel entertained.
I think she's in a trance!
Rachel and I never take pictures together. Dad was on camera duty so we made sure we got some.
Wes and I took a moment to have a family photo. We didn't plan it but we're Red, White, and Blue!
Rain, Rain, go away! We all sought shelter in the back of our car. (L-R) My sister Carol and her daughter Catherine, Me and Rachel, and my Mom.
Wes and our niece Catherine
Mom, Rachel, and I smiled at Wes as he took our picture in the back of our car.
The rain finally cleared out and can you believe it was a chilly 77 degrees! IT WAS PERFECT!

The video on the left is Rachel seeing her first fireworks! Sorry if it's a little dark. She did great! The fireworks didn't seem to bother her to much. In fact she fell asleep in the middle of them. And in case you missed seeing fireworks the video on the right is for you. The grand finally of the fireworks is my absolute favorite. I love to hear them all go off at the same time. Your heart just booms with everyone. What makes it so great now is the city has grown so much that there is the loudest echo off the buildings when the fireworks go off. It really is quiet a show! I just love it!! Sorry if the tree is in the way.

3 comments:

The Youngblood's said...

Wow! It looks like you all had a great time! We stayed at home and watched the fireworks from DC and New York! Actually I think the kids really liked it! I love the picture of Rachel looking at the toy! Too cute!

The Parsons said...

We had a great time but we really missed y'all.

The Youngblood's said...

Liz, I just had to thank you for getting me started with the blog! I have really enjoyed working on it every day and I know I will enjoy it later when I can look back and see what we were up to back then! Thanks for starting one and encouraging me to start one! I love looking at yours, you give me great ideas!