Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Trenches of Motherhood

Well, I’ve been in the trenches of motherhood this past week. Rachel got a stomach bug last Friday and now it has gone through the whole family. Wes was sick by Tuesday and I was sick by Wednesday. You know you've really experienced motherhood when your child throws up all over you in the middle of a restaurant. It was lovely, I scooped Rachel up and got to the car as quick as I could. All I could do was shake my head and laugh. We’re all on the road to recovery now and feeling better. I did manage to take some pictures of Rachel when she was feeling better. Enjoy.




Check out Rachel's teeth. She's working on her top middle tooth. She's moved to a real sippy cup now and wants the camera every time she sees it.

Rachel loves her stuffed animal "George" AKA Curious George. She goes and gets him every chance she gets. She is still loving her rocking chair and is rocking George while watching Sesame Street.

Bath time with Dad. Rachel's hair is really getting long and thick.

2 comments:

The Youngblood's said...

Every child needs a rocking chair! Rachel is so sweet! I love the picture of her rocking George!

Suzanne said...

Sarah has the same "George" and she LOVES him too. I don't know what it is about him, but she loves him.
Glad you are getting better. That is signs of a "experienced" mom. Leaving a restaurant with throw up all down your shirt:)
This would be a great "laugh jar" moment. You know where you have a designated "laugh jar" where you put funny times in that you will laugh about later. This is a good one.